Thursday, March 15, 2007

It seems that blogger is facing some problems. It annoys me to no end not having control over the posting mechanism. Maybe I have reached some sort of posting quota. There is little to report other than the recent development of home ownership. Yes I have put a deposit down and I have entered the large pool of people living the petit bourgeois dream of mortgage dose repayment. Or maybe we should say nightmare. The interesting thing in my case is that homeownership is one of those counterintuitive things that my conservative economic nature should warn me against. What if US housing collapses (it has already started)? What if the US stops lowering interest rates and increases them in order to attract fleeing investors who go to stronger Euro? What if in five years we are in major world recession with high interest rates and I have no longer the protection of a steady 5.09 rate. What if the sky falls on our heads? Even as those thoughts go through my head the domestic me says: what if all that does not happen? What if it keeps rising? What if Vancouver is kind of an exception tied as it is with the Pacific rim economy (bolocks, it is truly too close to the US not to be affected)? What if by 2010 he Olympics make it appealing for even more people to flood it and by then a one bedroom condo costs more than 20 years of me serving as a slave at a silver mine for 40 years. So following my metrosexual desire for beautiful dark floors, stainless steel appliances and space to unflold my rug, I made the decision with which I now have to live. I do not think it will be that difficult. Let us see.

No comments: