Sunday, January 14, 2007


Evidence of immense shallowness and emphasis on appearance rather than substance comes with the latest rearrangement of this blogger's apartment. It came out of a whim and out of a subliminal desire to destroy my back, which I nearly did. Interrupted I did my reading on Polybios and here I was moving furniture around to create a novel space. I was apprehensive as to the effect of the change for I felt that the ideological underpinning of the re-arrangement was bound to draw criticism. I was moving my couch around to make it face my new Flat Screen Monitor. Basically I was creating a standard American home, centered around the TV. On the other hand, the adept diplomat in me consulted his long line of effective escapes from the aforementioned castigations and decided that the re-orientation was rather an attempt to properly enjoy the leasures of this apartment's fireplace. Yes, I was not facing a TV screen, but rather I was getting a window to honorable pyromania. Here we go then with the result. I am happy with it. On other news I climbed after almost a month and did much better than expected.
This called for celebration which included stuffing self with a double bacon cheeseburger at the Moderne Burger join in Kitsilano. I felt the effects of the indulgence for a few hours. I did not regrat it however. The night was completed with the screening, on the said new Flat Screen, of a film called the "Weather man." Better than expected. Nothing great, but good. So, that is all. Tonight is going to be dedicated to Spike Lee and "Do the right thing."

No comments: