Sunday, October 22, 2006


I am tired beyond belief. This is the first time that rock-climbing seems to have left me with pain. My left toe was so pressed during my climbs that today it is hard to step on it. As for my arms I can totally feel tham. This is the most complete workout that I have ever had in my life. It lasts for about half of the total three and a half to four hours which we dedicate to the whole visit and it is demanding. As I will not go next week with Anthony in town and myself at his conference, I am already feeling that I will fall behind. Beyond that there was quality time with my new friend. Today as a result of my bonviveurism (word exists?) I am sore, tired and in no state to do efficient work. Still I have started writing my lecture and I may have about half of it before I go to dinner at Maria's. I am looking forward to my bed later tonight.

Dinner last night was Pho-based. Very nice raw beef variety. Next time I need to add tripe. Next to the Vietnamese restaurant there was a long line of elderly ladies, keen as teenagers, patiently waiting in line (like true Canadians) to see the opening of the film "The Queen." This just to remind ourselves that we are not in the US. This country is peculiar this way. Let me note that those were all white grannies.

No comments: