Friday, October 06, 2006


This is my claim to fame. Anyhow, not too much more about that. I have just returned from a run. Same short distance, faster pace. It will take long to build a respectable stamina and I wonder if before that the impact of running on my knees and shins will not put an end to my aspirations. In any case it was enjoyable. Meawhile, I have been correcting student papers. The results to this point are an odd combination of the off cue with the truly smart. Happily for the curve, the truly smart seems to be rare. As for the off cue, it even comes from unexpected quarters. From students I expected to do well. Anyways, I guess all this will allow me to calibrate my teaching and my advice to them. Now I have a better sense of what goes through and what does not. Shower to follow and papers to be taken to the bar. Off for now, as the issues I would truly like to discuss are not material for this forum. BTW, the term forum itself is I think problematic as I am not sure anyone reads what I write.

No comments: