Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A rule should be set and I should abide by it. When you do not have a clear idea what you want to put down in this blog, don't log in. In moments like this one this rule sounds eminently reasonable. What do I have to say or report? Well, ...there is something, and the fact that this is true makes this rule potentially stifling. It is tiny and yet humongous. It is about the value of recognition and the source of recognition. I just recently realized that there is a recognition food chain in my mind. High on the food chain are people whose minds I respect. Lower, but equally hi are relatives whose nod of approval satisfies more coplex psychological needs that are most probably linked to childhood experiences. Then at the peak, I found out today, is one person. I had a chat with him today and among other things, sober, ironic, funny, and simply factual he mentioned that he had been using a little thing I wrote recently. He liked it and shared it. There was a moment of approval, casual and simple that was worth all the money. My response to that, not to him, but to the comment itself was a revelation to me. I will leave this here. I am in anycase happy I logged on. BTW, speaking of approval I should address a certain inhabitant of the greater Denver area, and say that this blog has to offer cheers for a happy choice of piercing. This blog and its writer approves. This blog will not however, post a picture to share this approval with others. It would simply be odd, you have to contend yourself with the honorable mention.

Over and out for tonight.

No comments: