Sunday, November 26, 2006


Here is the spaceship. I mean SFU. This is the status of the mountain. It is interesting how the weather becomes an object of fascination the moment something out of the ordinary occurs. I feel that I am being converted into one of those American couch potatos waiting for yet another weather report. My interests in the weather betray a certain lazyness. It is not my lounging and working on a couch which is the issue. It is the fact that I find myself deeply interested in a possible Uni closure for Tuesday. Not even one semester in teaching and I think of work-breaks.

Getting dark. It is this moment of the day when your body decides that it is still the summer and since it is dark it must be nine o'clock at night. And your body gives you a warning that it may shut itself down. And you rise, and go to the fridge, or just plain fidget and walk around to get past the dangerous window of opportunity when a siesta would become inevitable. And if you remain awake, you have hours ahead of you of total consciousness. If you avoid the siesta, you may convince your system it is winter and that is simply how things are done. And you want to forget that your parents in Greece told you that they have 20C temperatures.

No comments: