Thursday, November 23, 2006

Today I can see. I still remember the first time I realised I was shortsighted. I needed F's logic to reach that conclusion. Somehow the idea that my seeing had degenerated and that I could not see well was strange to me. The bus numbers, I was sure, were blurry for everyone. And it was then, in 1987 that my long interraction with spectacles started. They were clunky, nerdy and unfortunate, they made me look like the high-school nobody that I was, and yet they were necessary. Then I purcased my next pair in college and oddly enough along with the glasses came sexual awakening. I wonder if there was a connection. My current pair dates from 2003. I just upgraded the lenses today. In three years there was a certain deterioration of my eyesight. Nothing too dramatic, yet also nothing insubstantial.

So today, as I came out of the mall, where the optometrist is located, I saw clouds, and the sun going through them, with a clarity I had long forgotten. Then moved home, boiled water for drinking, as we are still in a water advisory, and sat down on the net. next to me McMullen's book waits to be finished and I think it will get its half an hour read before I go for dinner. The boss is paying and nice coleagues are attending. So to church councils I go

No comments: