Tuesday, November 14, 2006


Reading. It is a book on "The Formation of Islam." Its opening chapters are a good overview of religious developments in the Med in the period before Islam. A lot of stuff I do not really know. More things to learn about Judaism and now, once I post this, more to read on Zoroastrianism. Other than that not much to report. I had a good lecture, an OK tutorial and good chats with André at work. At home I had to deal with my upcoming public lecture and decide on the public persona I need to assume for it. I am still a bit hazy about this. I think I would want to use a text but I really do foresee talking out of basic bullet notes.

Tomorrow I am off to check my blood. I can only hope that I am healthy. I guess it is the ultimate test. If things are fine on all the various little tests run I can say that my life in Vancouver is truly sweet. As a hypochondriac I have, of course, put my self into a paroxism of stress. I guess I do this well, bless Molière's for his description of my condition in his Le Malade imaginaire. Now back to Zoroastrianism.

No comments: