Sunday, November 26, 2006


You would not think it possible, yet it has been snowing rather consistently since last night. The effect of snow on my mood is interesting. A certain longing for Michigan, but also a certain satisfaction that this will not last for more than just a few days. Soon we will be back to our familiar grey colours and rain.

In a more immediate fashion, the snow just amplifies all sorts of already strong domestic tendencies. It is time for couches, blankets, some music and slow paced activities. I cannot in anyway complain. Right now, 24 hours after the whole thing began, it is still snowing quite constantly and I am correcting the last papers. Editing on a computer the ones that were delivered in electronic form. A side effect of this snow may be the cancelation of classes. I am not sure what the status of Burnaby mountain is right now, yet I am not sure that our buses can make it up there.

I am really curious to see what the administration will decide for Tuesday. Meanwhile, here I am with cat and laptop. All that is missing is a chili spiced hot-chocolate for the picture to be complete.

No comments: