Tuesday, November 21, 2006


Serenity. I am calm. I guess two beers and a manhattan help. Next to me N reading Greek words from cards, στρατός, σταθμός, σφιχτός. Dead can Dance for background and the certainty of rest before a day of work. A constructive day today. A lecture and its visuals were produced quite fast and efficiently. Then a meeting on an online course was assisted by some drinks. Wine makes you crass, she says: κρασί. Mnemonic devices are so interesting. Built on experience. Constructed with what is stable and certain. Tomorrow I am discussing iconoclasm with my students. I was surprisingly satisfied with the process of producing their lecture. Somehow, memories from days of studying in the Bodleian conspire to create a warm feeling. Iconoclasm is one of those subjects I totally associate with my days as a 22 to 24 year old trying to gain some sort of mastery over the field. And of course, it is a subject on which I feel I know so little. But then again I know so little of everything.


I often feel like a mosaic of incomplete knowledge about everything. All together it looks nice, but should you dig you would find the weaknesses in the plot.

No comments: